Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Day 8: Katie and the Wellness Family Summit

Today, I'm thankful for Wellness Mama.  This takes a bit more explaining so read on to find out what I mean! :)

Earlier this year, Doad and I started to change some of our eating habits. It's been a slow change as we gradually cut out processed foods and replace them with homemade alternatives or healthier choices. We've switched over our meat and dairy to organic and pastured choices often buying directly from a farm or buyers club. We grow some of our own veggies and buy the rest from farmers markets as much as possible.  

Our garden last year 

We've also gone much greener in other areas of our lives like cleaners, medicines, and toiletries. I make many of our detergents and soaps as well as personal care products and we use herbs and essential oils to treat things like headaches, sore muscles, tummy aches and more!

When we first ventured into this lifestyle I really had to pace myself so that I wouldn't get overwhelmed. There is a whole lot of information out there and knowing what is reliable and what isn't could be pretty intimidating sometimes. Honestly, I still get a little overwhelmed sometimes - seriously, is gluten bad or not, can we all just decide for reals, please? 

Well, thank goodness for Katie from wellnessmama.com. She has been a valuable resource that I have gone to over and over. I have learned a lot from her and am so excited and thankful for her latest project!

She's created a resource to help others transition to a healthier, more natural lifestyle without the overwhelm and intimidation of doing it alone. It's called the Wellness Family Summit and it's FREE! How awesome is that? 



Katie has brought together 30 experts to share their valuable wisdom with us from October 13-20th. They include many of my other favorite, trusted resources such as, Mama Natural, Chris Kresser, Mommypotamus, and Vani Hari to name a few!

In this online event you'll learn things like:
-How to eat real food without going broke
-How to figure out your family's personal food and health needs
-Fermentation and traditional foods
-How to create natural personal care products that actually work
-Natural sources of probiotics and nutrients you can make yourself
-Leaky gut and digestive health
-What is really in your food
-and so much more!

If you've been considering incorporating even a few new, healthy habits into your lifestyle, this summit will be a great place to start. I'm super excited about it and hope you'll join me! :)





No comments: