Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Day 25: Bloggers

Today I'm thankful for bloggers.  It's weird to think about how much I have been influenced by the blogs that I follow, but I really think my life would be quite a bit different if it weren't for the people who write every day.  Today I thought I'd highlight a few of my favorites and why I love them so much.

Spiritual Influences:
Jen Hatmaker - I kind of wish this woman could be my mentor.  She's funny, real, and loves God so so much.  I love her heart for the world, especially orphans and family preservation.  She has a great way of delivering God's truth and freedom in her writing and her posts are the only ones that have literally brought me to tears.  She's also hilarious and has me cracking up laughing often.  Definitely my biggest blog/lady crush.  Read more about her here, trust me, you won't regret it. :)

Saturated Canary - Krista is kind of a recent discovery, and I wish I could find the first post of hers that I read 'cause as soon as I read it, I knew that I would love her blog.  I'm really drawn to people who are real and who are brave enough to share that realness on their blog.  I love the way that she wrestles through her faith and and what she believes and is so active in working that out.  She challenges me to do the same and I love, love, love that.

Maggie Whitley Designs - Maggie is just like a little bit of sunshine in my inbox every day.  She is so bright and cheerful and her posts encourage me to look at life with the same positive, joyful outlook that she does.  She has done some incredible things like starting a successful handmade shop, traveling to Tanzania, moving across the country, and launching a second handmade shop!  All while sharing her wisdom and inspiration through her blog and raising her super cute son (and a second due any moment!)

Healthy Living Influences:
Wellness Mama - I already blogged a little bit about Katie earlier this month, but I really can't recommend her blog enough.  She is a great guide as I seek to make our lives a little healthier.  Her posts are so informative and explain the why behind the lifestyle she promotes as well as easy ways to incorporate those changes.  She has tons of food recipes as well as recipes for things like homemade toothpaste and deodorant!

Mama Natural - Genevieve was one of the first natural blogs I started following.  I love her In Real Life videos because they share glimpses of what it looks like to live naturally on a day-to-day basis.  She is down to earth and funny and her advice is practical and helpful.

The Prairie Homestead - Jill lives on a beautiful 67 acre farm and is my go to blogger for homesteading advice.  She has all kinds of recipes, advice on gardening, essential oil wisdom, and diys galore!  I look forward to her emails and dream about the day that I can have my own dairy cows and acreage too.  :)

Living Life Well Influences:
Enjoying the Small Things - Kelle Hampton is a beautiful writer and a fantastic photographer.  I love her outlook on life and how she finds beauty in the everyday moments of life.  She has a great story and  you should definitely check it out.

Nesting Place - This blog encourages me to be brave when it comes to decorating my house.  I love Myquillyn's motto, "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful".  Isn't that just so freeing?  Her decorations are so beautiful and I love following along as she renovates their new home.  See some of her beautiful work here.

Ok, I think I've given you several new blogs to check out.  ;)  I hope you really will take a look and that you will be able to see why I am so thankful for them.  They have encouraged me and challenged me and also been great resources as I learn more about living a healthy, natural lifestyle.




No comments: