Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Day 19: Our Garden

Today I'm thankful for our garden. We are still learning the ropes of gardening but I think we're improving with each year. Last year was our first time trying to grow some of our own food. We ended up with more squash and beans than I knew what to do with.



This year, I did much better at meal planning, but we still had a few veggies go to waste because we just couldn't eat everything or give it away soon enough. I made several jars of tomatoes, but still ended up with extras.  My goal for next year is to do some more planning and freeze or can (and give away) our produce so that we don't have any waste.




I really enjoy being able to grow our own food and hope that our skills continue to improve.  It is a very satisfying feeling to sit down to a meal with a plate full of food that you helped to produce right in your own backyard. Someday, maybe our whole meal will all be from our backyard! :)




No comments: