Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sewing project #1: Blue Owl Tote

I have really been feeling the creativity fever lately and it has sparked in me a desire to learn to sew.  I have absolutely no talent when it comes to the drawing/sketching side of art.  Doad disagrees with me, but I think he just likes my childhood artwork for sentimental reasons ;)  He's sweet like that.

I did learn to knit and crochet as a child and loved it... for like a minute.  I have so many half-made scarves, it's embarrassing. Sometimes I still think about picking it back up again and finishing all those scarves... maybe someday.


 Anways, the point is that I'm not very artsy, but have been feeling the need to do something creative and make something beautiful.  Ever feel that way?

I decided to give sewing a try.  I saw this way cute bag online that was WAY out of my budget, but thought it might be possible to sew something similar.  I'm still working up to that bag, but the one I did sew for my first project this past week will more than do in the mean time. 

Isn't she beautiful??  


I'm so happy with how it turned out.  And proud! I guess I do have an artsy bone in my body after all.  I mean, I did follow a pattern, being a concrete, sequential type of person and all that.  But not too shabby, right?  


This was my first stitch ever sewn on a machine.  Sorry for the poor phone-camera quality, but this was a momentous occasion after all and could not do without a photo - high quality or not. ;)

I just love the little owls, so adorable!  Still can't believe that turned into this:

Teehee, I'm almost giddy with excitement! I made something! And it's really cute!! :)

I've already picked out fabric and a new pattern and CANNOT wait to get started on project #2.  :)  It's sort of a surprise for someone really special and I can't wait to give it to her!  Aaaand, to post pictures of it on here.  The fabric is just tooooo cute! I'm super, super excited!


Ok, enough gushing, Jess. Calm. Down.


How about you?  I'd love to see what projects you are currently working on.  I promise to gush over them with you. ;) Email me, K?
JessicaDanae7@gmail.com :)

No comments: