Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

My Current Dreams


I just wrote last night about wanting to be better at sharing the real me and the dreams I'm chasing.  So here it is: the real, vulnerable truth about my current dreams and adventures:

-Blog:  So the moment I published that post - ya know, the one about not worrying if things weren't perfect?  Yea, the moment I published it I realized that something is wonky with my blog design and I haven't figured out what it is yet.  I apologize for all the random minus signs - it's not supposed to look like that.  :(  Somehow none of the images from my template exist anymore or something.  Anybody have any ideas??

-Learning Spanish:  I mentioned a while back that one of my dreams is for Doad and I to learn Spanish.   I loved it in high school and have wanted to become fluent since taking classes in school.  We are still plugging away on our CD's and I have even gotten a friend at work to help me out too.  It's going a little slower than I hoped, but I'm just happy that we are still working on it.  This is one dream that I think I can actually see progress in! 

-Home owning and decorating:  Since we bought our first house I have developed a love/hate relationship with Pinterest.  I can't get enough of their adorable ideas and clever tips for decorating and house keeping.  But I also feel a lot of pressure to have an equally adorable and clever house.  I've hardly posted a thing about our house because I'm waiting for it to all come together perfectly.  The truth is, I really love it how it looks right now, I'm just afraid it won't be Pinterest-worthy enough to post online. 

-Gardening:  I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing here, but things seem to keep growing so I'm cool with that.  :)  I don't think our tomatoes are gonna make it, and we forgot to plant the zucchini, but the pumpkins and beans practically grow while you're looking at them!  I've been taking pictures of the garden for another update post - coming soon! :)

-Sew So Lovely:  Remember when I opened my Etsy shop last year?  Well, I had pretty horrible timing with it.  I opened right before the holidays and spent so much time sewing Christmas presents for everyone, that I had no time to sew items for the shop.  Then we bought a house and moved the second week in January.  I've just never caught up and/or gotten back in the groove so my shop currently has 6 items in inventory and absolutely 0 online sales.  Womp, womp... 

I haven't given up on it.  I'm actually still sewing regularly, just nothing new for the shop yet.  Hopefully that will change soon.  I have lots of ideas!!

So there you have it.  Some of my current successes and failures.  All dreams I'm still working on achieving in some shape or form.  Your turn!


What are you currently succeeding at?
What dream do you want to start chasing?  What's something that's holding you back?


No comments: