Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

To My Little Jadie Girl,

Jade,

It seems like just a few years ago that I fell asleep in mom and dad's bed so I could be the first one they woke up when they came home from the hospital with you.


You were born two days before my 13th birthday and somehow that made you a little more "mine".


 I couldn't wait to meet you.  And, Lord have mercy, you were adorable.  And small.  I remember shopping with dad for Preemie outfits for you because you were so small - despite being born well after your due date.


 I was kinda proud that I got to pick out some of the first outfits you could actually wear.

I was proud of everything about you.  I was proud of how brave you were when you got asthma at 4 months old.  I was proud that you loved to lay on my legs and hang out with me while I did my school work.  When you let me "do" your "hair" and take funny pictures of you. ;)  And when you loved girly stuff like magazines and make-up even as a baby.

And I'm still so proud to be your big sister.  I'm proud of the way you like to imitate me and make funny faces with me.  How you look up to me.  And how you steal everyone's heart the moment they meet you.  :)  Including our whole family:


:) See?  You just fit right in.

Although, I'm pretty sure that we will never be able to fit all seven of us on one couch again. ;)  Gosh, we were tiny....


And now?  Well, now you're really growing up.  You are becoming such a sweet, smart, beautiful girl. You're adventurous, and fun-loving, and a great friend to your buddies.


You're not at all afraid to laugh at yourself (see pic above...) and be goofy.  But you also have the kindest heart too.  You're thoughtful, artistic, creative, spunky, witty, and generous.  You give some of the best birthday presents.  You're an expert on stalling at bedtime. ;)   You design the best outfits in your fashion design notebook.  You're a beautiful dancer.  You were the perfect flower girl in our wedding.  You give awesome hugs.  And I just wanted to let you know how much I love you.  

You are so special to me and I'm so glad to be your sister.  I hope this birthday was the best one yet.  I'm glad we get to celebrate together. :)

Happy birthday, Poopsie! ;)  Enjoy the double digits.



2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sweet! LOVING THE pics!

Amy @ At the Pink of Perfection said...

Oh my goodness, I teared up reading this! I love my sister and 2 brothers with all my heart and can't believe how time has flown. That picture of her looking up at you KILLED me. What a beautiful birthday post!