Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

My New Happy Place

I wrote in my last post about the new porch swing that Doad built, but it deserves a post all its own because it's just about the best thing ever.  I've been having my quiet times with the Lord on it and they have just been amazing.  I'm not even sure if I can explain it without sounding crazy, but the times I have spent on that swing lately have just been so precious and special to me.


Twice now I have been praying and journaling about something specifically only to open up my devotion for the day and see God responding with a clear promise from His Word.  I wrote about it in my journal, but I also want to share it here:


   The other day I was praying about Doad and his job and the future.  It's a long story, but basically I have never really thought that he would be there for a long time.  I am praying for God to open up doors for him to find a new job and I wrote this in my journal:

"I don't really know what to ask except that you would just make our steps clear to us.  Give us peace and wisdom as we look to you for direction."

Immediately after that I opened up the devotion for the day and the verse was Jeremiah 29:11-12.  The devotion was all about God's good plan for us and how when we pray to him he hears us and answers.  So reassuring.  And such cool timing.


   So again today I was on my swing, journaling and praying.  This time about a silly mistake I made that could cost me $20.  I even said something to God about how in the grand scheme of things, I know this isn't a big deal, but it was on my mind anyway.  The last sentence I wrote in my journal was,

"Can you please help me out with this?"  

Then I opened my devotional.  The title?  "God Helps His People" :)

I don't know if it's the peacefulness of the gentle swing outdoors and the beautiful weather we're having lately, or that I'm just actually slowing down and spending some real time praying and in the Word.  Maybe it's a little of both.  But I'm cherishing these moments and find myself looking forward to these quiet times each day in my new little happy place.  It's like our special meeting place.

My faith is built up and encouraged by these real ways that I'm seeing God respond in my life.  Some might call these verses coincidences, but I feel like they're whispers from God reminding me that He is real and active in my life and He cares.  Even about the little things, He cares.

Tell me about your happy place, real or imaginary, spiritual or not. 
What brings you to that place of peace and contentment?


Google+

No comments: