Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday Randoms

Random thoughts straight from my brain to this page.  Enjoy! ;)

~ This weekend was pretty wonderful.  I visited a friend and her sweet new baby on Friday and then spent the evening at a 31 party thrown by my sister-in-law.  It was nice to have some girl time.  I have been missing that a little more lately since we've moved farther away from everyone.

~ Saturday we went to the first meeting for a church plant that is starting in a nearby town.  Doad's brother and his family are part of the plant and we are considering joining the team as well.  I'm having a hard time putting into words how I feel about all of this.  I've grown up going to pretty much just one church so a church plant is very new to me.  I'm excited about the possibilities and also trying not to create unrealistic expectations.

~ Last week one of my sweet little nephews got baptized.  We partied at his house after the service and... basically, I have the cutest nephews in the world.  I could just post pictures of them all day long.    



~  My friend Tiff is a major Redskins fan so I made her these custom Redskin wine glasses for her birthday!  I'm pretty proud of how they turned out.  Painting is not my gift.  Not even straight lines lol


~ Speaking of my friend Tiff... while she may like wine, she certainly didn't like this little drink.  She hates me for taking this video, but isn't that the whole reason why we play games like this?


... and when I say play games like this, I mean like once a year.  I'm not an alkie, geez guys.

~ And now that I've said that... ... ...have you seen the beer pong table my husband is making?

Sorry, I can't help myself.  Last alcohol related thought for tonight, I promise.

But isn't it cool?  Our favorite restaurant saved their bottle tops for us so Doad could make it all pretty.  He's been glueing for days.




~ He's also been carpentering.  He busted out this swing in like 2 hours the other day and now I have an adorable porch swing.  Handy husbands are the best!


Almost ready to hang it! :)


~ I just need you guys to see these photos.  Seriously, how are my nephews so stinkin' cute?! I just adore them.




I love them so much and I'm feeling especially blessed tonight to know that they and the rest of my extended family are safe and sound at home.  

~ And lastly for tonight, I just want to send out my heartfelt sympathies to the families of the victims of today's shooting.  My thoughts and prayers are with you all and I am truly sorry for your losses.  Praying for peace and comfort.




No comments: