Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A little kick in the bum for myself :)

So I'm following this blog called She Reads Truth.  It's basically a bunch of women going through the same devotional together and they're using social media to encourage, challenge, and pray for each other.  An online accountability group or Bible study, so to speak.

I did the first devotional sort of non-committedly (is that a word?).  I didn't get much out of it, but that's probably because I read sporadically and sort of hurried through them.  But when that devotional ended and they started a new one, I made up my mind to do things differently this month.  I really love this idea and I really want to be involved this time.  I need the accountability, challenges, and encouragement. So I decided to make some goals and challenge myself to be more involved.

There are a lot of blogs that I follow pretty anonymously - meaning, I read, but don't comment *hangs head in shame*.  I haven't gotten over my blog shyness yet.  :/ I should probably address that sometime.... But this blog and She Reads Truth community is going to be different.  I want to really be a part of this.  I want it to change me.  So even though I'm posting this about six days late, here are the goals I've set for myself.


  • To read the devotional every day
  • To talk to someone about it once a week
  • To journal about it twice a week
  • To post, comment, or tweet about it three times a week.
So here goes post #1.  Check back soon for post #2 and a fun little blog surprise! :)


In the meantime:  What has the Lord been teaching you lately?  I'd love to hear!

No comments: