Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Choosing Joy


For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.  The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.



"He is faithful in all he does."  

 :) That's a really assuring sentence.  Sometimes I feel so faithless, but it is so soothing and comforting to know that in ALL He does, He is still faithful.  The "justice" part of me often thinks of God as... retaliatory?  

If I do something bad... then God will punish me.  If I do something good... God will bless or reward me.  This promise reminds me that I can trust Him to be acting for my overall good and growth and benefit no matter what I do or what kind of day I'm having.  

I encourage you to take this little phrase and put it in your mental pocket today.  :)  Remind yourself today of God's faithfulness and unfailing love for you in all that He does.  

Today I'm praying that you know His righteousness and truth in your heart.  That you see His faithfulness worked out in your life today.  Though He is righteous and just, his unfailing love is EVERYWHERE.  I pray that you see that unfailing love in every thing your eyes rest on today.  I'm praying for the kind of eyes that see Christ in everything.  :)  And I'm praying for joy to rule in your heart - over all the stress, over all the noise, over all the frustration and chaos.  Just joy.  :) 


This is a letter I wrote to my husband this morning to encourage him at work.  I wrote it this morning full of joy and truly assured of the promises of God's love for me in this verse.  This morning after receiving a sweet text from my husband.  This morning while I was thinking about my relaxing night to myself in the evening.  This morning when I thought we were going to Canada for an extended weekend stay at a cabin on the lake.  

Then my day happened.

As soon as I got home from work part-time-job-#1, I got a phone call with some information that could potentially mean no longer working at part-time-job-#2.  

Then hubby came home needing to eat and dash so he could get to his small-group meeting on time.  I completely forgot about making dinner [fail] because of the phone call and ended up making a mess in the kitchen [fail] while I tried to make a quick dinner and get him out of the door on time [fail].  

On top of that, we had to finally come to terms with the fact that we are not going to be able to go to Canada this weekend.  Hubby's passport expired in May and the renewed passport has still not arrived yet.  I know we just had a vacation in March - and it was truly WONDERFUL... but these past few months have been stressful, especially for hubby.  This is his childhood vacation spot and I was hoping a mini vacation would help loosen up those shoulder muscles that have been permanently tensed since his first day at this job.

Tonight, I was struggling to feel that same joy and complete trust in God's unfailing love that I did earlier today.  But I KNOW He is good.  I know there is a meaning for all of this.  I know He loves us and wants what is best for us.  And I know that He is faithful.  Always.

So while I might have been wallowing in self-pity [just a little!] at the beginning of this draft,  I am choosing to trust Him in this job situation.  I am choosing to believe that staying home this weekend is for our good and benefit [and not because I did something bad!]  I am choosing joy while I tidy up my messy kitchen.  :)

Be blessed today, friends.  I hope you choose joy today too.


Youngster hubby fishing in Canada - is he too adorable for words? ;)

No comments: