Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Geeks, S'Mores, and Just Dance

What a full weekend!  It's amazing how just one extra day off with the hubby can make the weekend seem so much more relaxing and fun.  Here's a re-cap on our Memorial weekend adventures:


The BFF and I :)
Hubby rockin' the nerd glasses

We started the festivities early with a Geek Pride party on Friday.  :)  I was pretty proud of my Rubik's Cube T-shirt (it made me think of the T-shirts that Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory wears).  The food was awesome and geeky; I wish I hadn't forgotten to take pictures of it.  We had Tetris shaped brownies.  Little Pacman cheeses.  Pocky sticks. The whole geeky works!

LOL! Such a goofball...

On Saturday we had a little BBQ at our place.  Hubby grilled burgers and hotdogs, we even tried grilled corn on the cob for the first time. :)

It turned out deliciously! 
After it got dark, we roasted marshmallows over the grill.  I think this was one of my favorite parts of the day. :)  It looks like we are camping and it's just in our front yard!  


Then we brought the party inside... :)  Just Dance is seriously AMAZING.   And it's a great workout too.  :)  I would exercise all the time if my friends came over and played this game with me haha.  







All in all, it was a great weekend of rest, fun with family and friends, and a time to remember and be thankful for the privilege of living in this country. Thanks to all the faithful men and women who sacrificed their time, comfort, families, and lives so that we could live our lives in freedom.  I truly am grateful for the blessings we have because of your dedication to our country.  





No comments: