Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Violet VoxBox Review

Okie dokie, here is the promised recap of the products I received in my Violet VoxBox from Influenster "for testing and review purposes".  :)


First up is the Goody Athletique Headband ($6.00): 


Pros: Cute, easy to wear, stays in place, wicks away sweat, kept my ears warm while running, motivated me to exercise 'cuz I love cute accessories. :)

Cons: Now I want to buy more.

I really don't have anything bad to say about this headband.  I love it.  At first, I thought I would have liked it to be a little wider so that it covers more of my head/ears, but then I don't think I'd wear it in the summer.  It covers plenty of my head so I'm happy with it as is.  But I want the pink and purple ones now too!


Next, Sally Hansen New Triple Shine in Sparks Fly ($4.99):


Pros: Beautiful color, large brush for easy application, color stays vibrant and shiny, doesn't chip easily.

Cons: Not sure how quickly it dries, it's glitter so removal takes a little more effort than a normal nail polish.

I did this mani twice in a row because I loved it so much and both times had a little bit of smudging/imprinting after several hours.  I really think it's the white polish underneath that's smudging and not the Triple Shine, but I thought it was worth mentioning in case anyone else had problems with drying time.  All in all, I love this polish and will definitely be recommending it.


SOYJOY ($0.99):

Pros: Yummy, healthy, quick and easy snack.

Cons: Texture takes some getting used to, kind of on the small side.

I was on the fence about this bar.  It was yummy after you get over the crumbly texture - it kind of tasted like a Fig Newton.  My problem was the size, I usually eat bars like these for breakfast with maybe some yogurt or fruit.  I did that with this bar and was sooo hungry by lunch time.  It just wan't quite big enough to satisfy me and I think if I ate it for a snack that I would still want to eat something else with it too. Maybe that's just me being a fatty, but even thought I like these I don't think I'd buy any unless they were a little bit bigger.


Montagne Jeunesse Clay Spas: ($2.49):
Couldn't bring myself to take a pic while wearing it! :/


Pros: Easy to use, barely any mess, skin felt soft and fresh, smelled amazing!

Cons: Was super cold to put on, a little big so it slid around on my face at first

These masks/masques (?) are awesome.  I was very intrigued by the "fabric mask" concept as I'd never heard of it before.  The material felt kind of like a facial wipe type of fabric and just looked like it had been soaked in a clay mask.  I expected to find more clay to kind of smoosh around my face, but it really was just the fabric.  It was super cold to put on, but I guess you could run the package under warm water before you open it to warm it up before applying.  I hardly felt like I had anything on my face to rinse off after I took the fabric off, but my skin felt just like it does when you apply a regular mask to it.  The smell was strong but in a good way and I just love how easy the whole thing was.  I definitely want more of these.


And lastly, Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo ($5.99):



Pros: Got a couple more days out of my hair before needing to wash, removes greasy sheen, easy to use.

Cons: Really strong smell.

I liked this product better than I remember liking it in the past.  I have a bottle of this already and just don't use it often because I don't really get too greasy. I let my hair go a little longer between washings last week just so I could try this again and was pleasantly surprised.  It absorbed the greasy shine without making my hair look too matte and drab.  I don't really remember it working that well last time so I was happy with the outcome.  The only thing I didn't like was the super strong baby powder smell, but since I probably won't be using this every day I think I can handle the smell when I do need it.


Overall, this box was a total hit!  I liked every product I received and loved several of them. :)  If you have more questions about the products, please let me know.  I would be happy to answer any questions you have.  And if you're interested in becoming an Influenster and reviewing some awesome products for yourself, click here for more information. :)

Hope you had a  good weekend, friends!





No comments: