Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Time to Slow Down

Well, life has just been speeding on by.  I don't even know where its all speeding off too, but it's easy to get into this "hurry" mentality and let everything happen around you in a blur.  I feel like that's what I've been doing the past few weeks.  And ya know what?



It's time to slow down.


My sister-in-law, Ellie, has been writing some awesome posts about slowing down and they have struck a chord with me.  Despite my lack of online presence here lately, I'm usually always "plugged in" in some way or another.  My phone and iPad come with me just about everywhere I go and if I'm not texting or facebooking on them, then I am probably on a computer working, chatting, or emailing away.  I love my tech gadgets.  But I think it's getting to be too much.  I'm feeling a little out of balance.

So this week, I'm really trying to be mindful of slowing down.  I'm gonna unplug a little bit.  I'm gonna make my bed ;)  And I'm gonna try to savor the moments and silence instead of rushing through them.




How about you?  What are your tricks to balancing fast-paced responsibilities with a slower, more mindful lifestyle?

1 comment:

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

I usually just poop out, and then I know it's time to STOP and take a nap, read a book, put my feet up and watch a movie. Americans are terrible about slowing down. Most of it is the chasing of the American dollar, but for moms it tends to be just raising a family. It's rewarding, but exhausting!