Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

2014 Resolutions: August Recap


Ah, August.  My birthday month.  The end of summer.  The beginning of a new school year.  How was my August, you ask?  Delightful, thank you very much.

We started of the month with some fun birthday celebrations for my sister.  We went to a baseball game with some friends on my birthday and ended the night with fireworks - one of my favorites!  We also took time to go to the demolition derby at the county fair - a highlight for sure!  My brother-in-law and his family moved and we got to help them and see their beautiful new house. Went to "happy hour" at my sister-in-laws house and stayed up late catching up with them and drinking hard cider and pumpkin ale. Mmmm, Fall, I can feel you right around the corner!  And we hosted a game night for some couples at our church.  So fun!

It was a good month of quality time with lots of the people we love.  That really fills me up and I'm happy with the way our summer turned out this year.  :)  I'm excited for fall and hope that I soak it up just as much as I did with this season.

Now lets see about these goals:

1. Run 100 miles this year. 
Whoops!  August just kind of came and went and somehow no running happened.   We ran .71 miles.  Our total to-date is now 22.65 miles leaving 77.35 miles to go.  I'm thinking this goal might need to be changed to 50 miles instead of 100.  

2. Get back to my wedding weight. 
Check!  So far I have been able to maintain!  I fluctuate about two pounds here and there but my "high weight" days are actually what my wedding weight was and my "low weight" days are two pounds under! Wahoo!

3. Read 12 books. 
Check! This month I read a book my friend loaned me called Created to Be His Help Meet.  It's about how you can strengthen your marriage through your role as a wife and help meet.  This lady is very blunt and what some might call "old fashioned" but I read with an open heart and took her words with a grain of salt and ended up really loving it.  This book is pretty controversial because it's easy to take out of context, but I found a lot of helpful advice.  I also have an awesome husband so that makes it pretty easy to want to love him better. ;)


4. Read through one book together with Doad.
Check!  You guys!  We finished our first book together!!! :)

5. Find a cleaning routine that works. 
Still working on this, but my work schedule is about to change so that it will be way more consistent and I'm very hopeful that it will allow me to get into more of a routine when it comes to housework. (More on this to come!)

6. Get new items listed on my online shop.
Spent too much time outside enjoying the beautiful summer weather.  Maybe soon?

7. Go to a marriage conference.
Still looking :/

8. Go on a date with one of my sisters each month.
Check!  I took my littlest sister, Jade, out this month for her birthday.  We actually just went to the grocery store lol.  But we also went thrifting together, found some super cute clothes (adorable purple skinnies, eeeeee!), and then came home and made delicious mocha fudge brownies with the stuff we bought at the grocery.  A successful sister date in my book! :)

9. Learn Spanish
I'm up to lesson 2.6 lol.  My goal for September?  2.8  These lessons are getting harder!

Yay August!   I'm choosing to focus on the positives this month and hope that momentum propels me to run and clean a lot this month.  ;)

Tell me about your August!  How are youuuu?


No comments: